What is the Re-Challenge

Re-Fashion, Re-Create, Re-Use, Recycle, Reduce, that is our goal.

The Re-Challenge is a challenge to anyone who should accept it to practice the 5 Re's before going out and buying something new or even worse, mass produced.

Less is more and new is not necessarily better.


Thursday, August 12, 2010

Toddler Pajamas from receiving blankets

Livie needs pajamas.  I have a ton of infant receiving blankets which are so cute and practically brand new that I did not have the heart to part with.  What I don't have are enough pajamas for my baby who is always growing.

Solution: 2 piece pajamas from super soft and cuddly, cotton interlock blankets.  These are I think from Carters and were given to me by friends as gifts.  They hardly got any use because I sew my own.  The cool thing about these blankets as well as any from Ralph Lauren, Gap or even Old Navy I am assuming, is that they consist of two layers so they are really cushy and warm but still breathable.  You can take advantage of the edging that is already done so you won't have to hem the sleeves or the neck opening.

Here is the blanket:
and here is the finished project:

No comments:

Post a Comment